Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Spiffy freeware manga reader program

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Check it out:

    http://www.geocities.com/davidayton/CDisplay

    The things I particularly like about it are:

    1) unlike ACDsee, they don't want $50 from you to use it, it's free,

    2) unlike Photoshop, you don't have to uncompress the Zip file; you can just leave the file compressed and read everything in a Zip file at once (saves on HD space, means you can make a manga CD and read off that ^_^),

    3) unlike WinZip it's got great internal navigation tools -- arrow keys, page up/page down, and the scroller on a wheel mouse all work, and

    4) it's specifically dedicated to reading comics so it doesn't try to do 38 other things and slow it down, which is a big advantage on my ancient Pentium 150 still running Windows 95 'cause it won't hold anything else. ^^;;

    I don't know if it works on Mac or Unix, though I doubt it, but for Windows users I think it's pretty spiffy...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sounds really neat, Risu-chan! I'll be sure to check it out.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Lady Elanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    340
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've already tested it. Oh, it's very useful. I like it and surely from now on I will always use this. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey, thanks, Risu-chan! I'll go add that to my "How to Read Zipped Manga" page! ^^ (I like it a lot better than Irfanview, but until now, I've never heard of anything better!)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •